Delphi and COM:
Introduction to creating automation servers
Working with automation objects
Expanding the possibilties
- Advanced properties. Create
an indexed property or a property that is an interfaces itself. Build an
object tree using lightweight automation objects.
- Automation collections. Creating targets for for
- Automation arrays. Anything can be stored in a
- Class factories. Automation objects are created
by a factory. Influence the registration and creation of objects. Make your
- Events. Fire events in your automation server,
react on the events in a VBA client.
- Advanced events. Pass information in the event.
Support multiple clients and sinks. A C# client app works with your
- The tAuto(Intf)ObjectWithEvents class. These
tAutoObject and tAutoIntfObject descendents
supports multiple event sinks.
Sharing automation objects
- Active objects. Sharing an automation object
amongst multiple clients.
A large part of the material covered is demonstrated in the
Acknowledgments, links and further reading.